Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Kiwi Lane- Altered Notebook with Mon Abi Gabby

Pin It
here's the badge.  Sorry I had my hubby Aaron e-mail it to you earlier so it might have showed in your junk mail.  Can you pull it from here?

Hello friends!! Connie here again and I'm so excited! Time for me to share my love of Kiwi Lane products with you all. I hope I can inspire you to create fun projects using the templates we all love so much.
 
This month we had the opportunity to work with some amazing embellishments from Mon Abi Gabby. I have never seen so much yummy gorgeousness in one package!
I decided the best way to show it all off would be to alter something. Today, I altered a beautiful journal that brings together Kiwi Lane Designer Templates and Mon Abi Gabby embellishments.

 

I used some paper I had on hand that I absolutely love by Marcella K. I also had a few matching butterfly diecuts. These would work perfectly with the designer templates I wanted to use. My covers consist of Kiwi Lane's Large Bracket and Scallop 2A/2B. I also used Playtime 3, Playtime 4, and Celebrate 3T.

 


This gorgeous dragonfly was created with my Kiwi Lane Template Playtime 4. I added some wire for his antennae and some sparkly fluff flocking to his body. Achieving the two colored look is really easy. Just follow my instructions below.

I wanted to use as many Mon Ami Gabby embellies as possible without making my project overcrowded. On the side of the book near the binding I used the Burlap Trim and added my Kiwi Lane Scallop next to it. The Mon Ami Lace trim matched up perfectly with the scallops. I was so excited!



I also used Mon Ami Gabby teal buttons. Instead of floss they are  tied with Mon Ami Gabby twine. The buttons match perfectly with the Mon Ami Gabby Teal Canvas that I used as part of my background paper for this journal. My favorite item on this project has to be the dangling dragonfly charm. It ties my whole project together so well and gives just the right amount of bling. I used Kiwi Lane template Celebrate 3T and added a CTMH stamp that reads "Here's the Story". How perfect for a journal!


Of course I decorated the back very similarly. I wanted it to be able to lay flat so I didn't add as many 3D embellies as on the front. That gave me the perfect chance to use Playtime template 3, the fun arrow, in the cute polka dot paper to help fill in some space. I just love it!
 
 
I can't thank you enough for checking out my project. It means the world to me and I hope you truly enjoyed it. May it inspire you to create something wonderful!   Scrappy Hugs!

1 comment:

  1. Cute Connie! I miss checking out your work. This paper line is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets