Thursday, September 29, 2016

Wonder-fall

Pin It

Hi there!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards.  It's one of those months when I get to post twice here at Connie Can Crop.  Today I'm sharing another card using files from our sponsor this month, Paper Crafting World.


This card combines components from two different cut files, Daisies, Sunflowers and Pennants CF and Cherry Cherries Base CF.  From the first, I used the pennant and mats and the circle and scalloped circle from the second.  The Acorns N' Leaves CF was used to make the focal piece.

I used Farmers Market DSP and Blackberry Bliss, Hello Honey and Very Vanilla card stock, all from Stampin Up on the card.  The focal piece was cut from Blackberry Bliss, Cherry Cobbler, Hello Honey and Mossy Meadow.  The acorns were cut from scrap, three shades of brown.

I created a stitched border on the Very Vanilla mats; just a little bit of detail.  I used my Simply Scored diagonal plate to accentuate the plaid.  I embossed the circle with the Square Lattice but I didn't like it, so I ran it through the Big Shot again without any embossing folder to flatten out the embossing and then scored using the diagonal plate again.  For the leaves, I folded them in half and ran them through a paper crimper.  The acorn tops were embossed with the Square Lattice embossing folder.  I also coated the acorn bottoms and the scalloped circle with Wink of Stella for a little sparkle.


Inside, I borrowed components from the front to create a sentiment.  I color matched it to Blackberry Bliss.  If I were to do this again, I would opt for another font as I see now it's a bit difficult to read.



If you like the files you see at Paper Crafting World, you should take advantage of a sale going on now. Just click on the image and you'll be directed to the store.

http://papercraftingworld.com/



And don't forget to enter Connie Can Crop's monthly challenge!  This month it's Book Worm where you are challenged to create a project using a book, a page from a book or inspired by a famous book.  It'll be a lot of fun!  You have until September 30th at 11:59pmPST to enter.  One winner will be picked at random and we will also pick our three favorites and give you a badge for your blog or social media.


http://conniecancrop.blogspot.com/2016/08/monthly-challenge-50-book-worm.html

That's it for me.  See you again next month!  Perhaps you can come visit me at Katydid Cards in the meantime to say hello!


3 comments:

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets